SEND at Portland Spencer Academy
Through our ASPIRE ethos and our HEART curriculum we celebrate each and every child showing that we are all unique and special and that we work together for the success of each and every child. We pride ourselves on forming excellent relationships with pupils, parents and outside agencies to ensure children who have special educational needs and/or disabilities are included and valued in all aspects of school life. Click here for our parent's guide to SEND.
We have a clear plan to support children with SEND to ensure progress following the assess, plan, do, review cycle.
Growing understanding of pupils needs - half termly data analysis, early identification, weekly RAG meetings, dyslexia and dyscalculia testing.
Steps to Success to give smart short steps to meet targets which leads to meeting the yearly outcomes set out on the overview.
Interventions, work and activities are set to meet targets on Steps to Success, progress upload onto the Explain Everything app.
Weekly monitoring, intervention meetings, RAG meetings, pupil and parent meetings, outside agency observations.
At the HEART of everything we do is the children and every child's success is celebrated. Parents are key to children's success and we work in partnership
Click on the link below to view our Policies and Universal Provision.
This is the link to Nottingham City Council's Local Offer
- SEND Policy & Procedures
- Supportiing Pupils with Medical Conditions Policy
- Intimate & Invasive Care Policy
- Inclusion Policy
- Sensory & Physical Needs - Visual Impairment
- Social, Emotional & Mental Health
- Communication & Interaction Needs - Speech, Language & Communication Needs
- Communication & Interaction Needs - Autism Spectrum
- Cognition & Learning Needs - Specific Learning Difficulties
- Cognition & Learning Needs - Moderate, Severe and Profound & Multiple Learning
- Sensory & Physical Needs - Physical Disability
- SEND Information Report 2017-18
- Accessibility Plan