For more on Trust governance including the Board of Directors visit www.satrust.com.
Directors are supported by local governing bodies, with ‘members’ responsible for defined areas including understanding the progress and attainment of pupils in school, driving improvement and the relationship with the local community.
At Portland Spencer, we operate an ‘executive governance’ model, in which the local governing body works across Portland Spencer and Glenbrook Primary School nearby. The schools also share an Executive Principal, Mrs Green.
The powers defining the legal relationship between Portland Spencer Academy and The Spencer Academies Trust, together with the delegation of general powers within the trust, are set out in a document called the Scheme of Delegation.
- The Scheme of Delegation used at Portland Spencer Academy can be found here.
- Other Trust governance documents are available here.
Local Governing Body
- Kate Green – Executive Headteacher
- Victoria Cairns – Head of Glenbrook Primary School
- Neil Healy – Chair of Governors, Parent Governor
- Kayleigh Beers – Staff Governor
- Wendy Smith – Co-opted Governor, Community Engagement Governor
- Paul Archer – Parent Governor, H&S Governor
- Lucy Davies – Parent Governor
- Bradley Evans – Co-opted Governor